Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Thermostats & HVAC Control
 Begin to make an Arduino thermistor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

ailee
Starting Member

China
12 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2021 :  6:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit ailee's Homepage  Send ailee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was digging through my component collection this morning and came across a bag of 40 thermistors, 20 rod and 20 glass bulb. I have no friggin idea why the hell I ever ordered them, but I must have had something in mind at the time, could have been a few years back but I am sure I never did anything with any of them. So I decided to do something with at least one of them today. I spend much of the morning looking at different projects done by others, many very complicated, others rather simple, some that appeared to have less of an understanding of these things then I do. Then I found some thermistor tutorial video. The instructions were simple, code readily at hand, and it worked right off first try, what a deal! Instead of using a breadboard, I have some screw terminals with plugs on the opposite side, this worked great for experimenting with these things. OH WOW It just came to me, my niece wanted me to build here some temp sensors for her ghost hunting outfit! I got these for that, and never got around to building it, as her mom passed on right after I got them, wow. Well now I have to figure out how to build the group of four sensors to tell if a cold or hot spot develops in her target location. Fun building for her ghost adventures, I am not really into ghosts, but I love building detectors of all sort for her outfit!
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page