Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy | Do Not Sell My Info
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 ControlLinc V2 #2430 gone crazy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joc1212
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2021 :  8:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have 2 LampLinc V2 #2456D3 light controllers that are plugged into wall plugs. We have 2 SignaLinc RF #2442 that are plugged into wall plugs in different places-one in the house, one in the garden shed.
We have a ControLinc V2 #2430 Tabletop controller that is plugged into a wall plug. We also have one of the Insteon toggle switches that replaced the normal wall switch for light #3.
PROBLEM:
During our last storm we lost power and ran the house on the generator.
We did not try to use the lights.
Since the power has been back the controller will not work. When I push the ALL ON button the indicator light blinks very fast as long as I hold it, if I push the ALL OFF button it does the same at about half the speed.
I just need a simple ALL ON/ALL OFF system for my security lights in my yard. one of the LampLinc V2 2456D3s is very hard to get to now that I've had a hip replacment.
Can anyone help me get this resolved? I do have another ControLinc Max #4071 that I can use but I guess I'd have to re-program everything
correct?? Does anyone have any instructions for the ControLinc Max??

Whaler

BLH
Advanced Member

6357 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2021 :  03:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The ControLinc Maxi #4071. Is an X10 only controller that was used before Insteon was in use.

I would try power cycling a few of the modules and controller. To see if they maybe confused by the power changes.

Sounds like you have an early Insteon setup as the 2442 SignalLinc RF was changed whan Insteon changed their Insteon RF frequency.
So you could add an X10 primary address to the modules. Though you could have communications issues. As the 2442 or 2443 do not repeat X10 commands.

Do you need the 2430 instructions, 4071 instructions or both?
Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

6357 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2021 :  03:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can do a web search with your favorite search site.
I found links to both controllers in a web search.
As I don't think I can post the manuals here. As I do have both.

You could try re linking one of the modules to the controller. Flashing LEDs sometime indicates no response from the module being addressed.

Let us know anything else you can find.

Edited by - BLH on 11/19/2021 09:14:57 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2021 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page