Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Lighting and Appliance Control
 X10 replacement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toddea
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  12:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Currently, we control 4 lamps with an old x10 clock device to schedule on/off times and turn on/off at unscheduled times.
Problem is, it's getting old and harder to program. So I am looking for a simple setup to replace it.
For now, really only wanting to turn on a few lights. But we would like a physical remote to turn on/off at unscheduled times. We have iPhones but don't really want to have to use them for this. I can use an app, but the wife doesn't want to. And neither one of us like talking to a device. You can tell we are old.
I would appreciate any suggestions. And I apologize if this has been covered before. Please point me to any other discussion on this.
Thanks.

BLH
Advanced Member

5866 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2018 :  07:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
X10 still makes the MT14A or X10Pro XPMT4 Mini Timers. That have an LCD clock screen and can do up to sixty four timed events. So that maybe one way to go.

For the remotes. I would think one of their credit card or palm pad remotes with a transceiver would work.
The Palm Pad can do all sixteen addresses. There is a two button and four button credit card remote.
Go to Top of Page

toddea
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2018 :  09:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess this is my only option. Even though I have a couple of devices plugged in that is supposed to help move the signal along, I still can only turn on lights in about a forth of the house. Guess there is some strange wiring in the house.
Thanks for your help.

Go to Top of Page

BLH
Advanced Member

5866 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2018 :  12:31:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may want to look at Jeff's X10 Troubleshooting Tutorials for some tips.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

You could also ask in the X10 forums.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2018 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page