Talk About the Latest in Home Automation/Home Electronics -
Home Automation Forum

Smarthome Forum
Insteon Home Automation
Login or Register

Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Search | FAQ | Smarthome | Security and Privacy
 All Forums
 General Discussion
 Insteon
 Previous Hub died, Can't connect to new one.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Card
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2019 :  08:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Insteon Hub model 2245-222 has gone dead , taking with it my devices and scenes. I have an unused one available (same model) but upon installing it I find I cannot connect. What is required to start a new Hub? Must I re register with another email address, or what ?Also, I assume I will lose all my carefully crafted scenes and more than 50 devices in the house. Really kind of a bummer.

Card

Lou Erickson
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  5:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Smarthome has a repair service which will keep your programming: https://forum.insteon.com/forum/main-category/insteon-products/insteon-hub/104943-how-to-proceed-with-repair-replacement-of-a-hub-that-is-no-longer-powering-on

It takes time, but means you don't have to redo everything under the sun.
Go to Top of Page

Card
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  05:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I did check the site recommended and will call Smarthome as my Hub was purchased at Costco and I don't have the invoice.
May I say that I really hope that Smarthome will soon make the Insteon Hub and app vastly more useful by providing an app that runs on my Mac computer and allows backup for the inevitable failure of one's hub. I have two friends to whom I recommended the Hub and both have had failures requiring a long call to Smarthome Support and deletion and reinstall of their account. When the Hub works, it works very well but the iOS app is clunky, slow and ultimately useless after hardware failure.

Card
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Smarthome Forum © 2000-2019 Smartlabs, Inc Go To Top Of Page